Andon, a village boasting plentiful culture and numerous Roman and medieval vestiges, offers warm hospitality, local cuisine ,and a wide variety of accommodations, but is also an excellent base for outdoor enthusiasts (skiing, caving, hiking, mountain biking).
The village is blessed with a ski resort, L’Audibergue, where you can enjoy downhill and cross-country skiing with your family. Andon will delight speleologists and spelunkers with its many sinkholes surrounding the town. From the top of Audibergue mountain, summer hikers and winter skiers can drink in a breathtaking view of the coast to the south and the mountains to the north.
- The Monts d’Azur Biological Reserve :The Monts d’Azur Biological Reserve, spreading over vast acreage in the Haut-Thorenc ski area, is a superb wildlife sanctuary protecting ancient and astonishing species of fauna and flora: elk, Przewalski’s horses, European bison, red deer. You can enjoy a wide variety of activities there, as well: safaris on foot or by horse-drawn carriage (in summer), snowshoeing or sleigh rides (in winter), observation huts and photo blinds, natural swimming pool, climbing wall, and a children’s playground.
It also has novel and comfortable accommodations, such as ecolodges and a bioclimatic villa.
- Sainte Claire church :The medieval church, located opposite the town hall, was restored in 1820. Inside are a modern
high altar and a 17th-century Spanish Christ. To the left of the entrance are the baptismal fonts and 13th-century sculptures.
- Lac de Thorenc :This lake, le Lac de Thorenc, is a magnet for a wide variety of events that take place on the surrounding land, like garage sales, flea markets, markets, and sales and information displays by exhibitors representing any number of products. You can enjoy pony rides, go fishing (bring your own tackle), picnic at the specially installed benches and tables, or simply stroll along the water’s edge in the shade of the majestic trees overhead.
• Toward the Plateau de Caussols
• Toward Audibergue mountain
• In the forest of Bas Thorenc
- Snowshoeing, dog sledding, Nordic walking
- Winter sports resorts: L’Audibergue and La Moulière
- Mountain biking in the Caille plain
- Via ferrata
- Pony rides at the lake
- Speleology in Audibergue mountain
- Castle ruins on the Castellaras de Thorenc
Key annual events:
In July: Raspberry Festival
In August: Sainte Claire patron saint festival
In September: Gastronomy Festival